Having a coach is an investment in the future of your organizational and professional career. If you are willing to “get on the court” — take the coaching, keep your integrity and do the work —coaching will dramatically alter your ability to produce unpredictable results in an extraordinary time frame. Coaching is distinct from traditional teaching, training and consulting. It builds a relationship that engages the client in the possibility of extraordinary performance, not just great performance, through the observation and feedback of a coach.
- Improving Specific and Measurable Results – Coaching interactions assist you in finding new ways to dramatically increase your performance while discovering new pathways to achieve your goals and objectives.
- Time Leverage – The coach works with you in creating new practices to leverage your most critical asset, your time, such that you experience the presence of power and freedom at all times.
- New Paradigm of Thinking – A coach helps you evaluate options that are available to you in a very objective manner. Your coach is not vested in your business. The coach’s job is to help you develop new capabilities and capacities for attaining new levels of success.
- Listening with Commitment – The coach operates and listens committedly for your greatness; listens to you inside of your fundamental commitments and holds your future sacred.
- Focus & Balance – The coach helps you establish the balance that you seek and desire. You must know where you are going if you ever expect to achieve a goal. A business coach helps you focus on those goals and actions that keep your eye on success with the appropriate balance.
- Alignment & Accountability Partner – The coach helps you find a way to align your activities to the attainment of your goals, and holds you accountable for your actions and decisions.
- Plan & Execute – The coach helps you develop a specific plan and a Balanced Scorecard that is clearly executable. Many executives have plans, but a coach will make sure that you are in action fulfilling it and that it is measured, accurate and updated.
- Confidence – The coach is a sounding board to explore new ways to address familiar ideas and give you the confidence to take the actions which will produce the maximum results.
- Confidentiality – The coach is a confidant as well as a coach. You can tell your coach things that you might not share with others within your company. What is said to the coach stays with the coach.
- Every Champion has a Coach – There is no player that can see their own self while in the game. The coach can see the entire playing field and provide valuable real-time feedback that can make a difference, in the present
In coaching, the emphasis is on experiencing, and the shifting of perspective and position. Rather than focusing on what has happened, the emphasis is on what is possible and available. Coaching is in the present occurrence – it shows up right here right now exactly when you need it. Through coaching, you can achieve your goals and dreams by breaking them down into smaller, more manageable pieces. Each week, you move closer to what you really want. Coaching offers undistracted, unconditional listening that is non-judgmental, trusting, honest, and exceptionally objective. The coach is your resource person, with a large tool kit to assist you in developing and pursuing your vision, so that you achieve positive, permanent results.
Coaching gets people “in action” rather than observing “from the sidelines”. It is directed at specific measurable outcomes that the team and/or the individuals commit to produce in a specific time frame. This dynamic of coaching people “in action” in specific measurable outcomes versus observing from the sidelines, brings the magical edge to ensure that they develop and excel at a new level, beyond what traditional consulting and learning can provide.
We say that the work of today’s corporate executives and business managers is equal to that of competitive, high performance athletes, and that future workplaces will become a demand for and a commitment to producing extraordinary performance and results, daily.
A coach permanently alters the way one views business and defines success. As coaches, one’s success is our job. Like athletes and performers, successful business people have found that coaching is essential, and in some cases critical, for exceptional performance.
Do you have a PAAR coach?