CS No. 011018 – Information Technology.
A Fortune 100 Global IT Co in Auburn Hills, MI.
Coaching & Training high level managers in the art of performance & resource management.
This customer had started a metrics center to meet the needs for performance metrics related to the contracts they were signing. Then, once metrics were in place, a new need became apparent: operating departments were required to meet very aggressive performance targets – and in turn meet even higher targets every year of their contracts.
At the same time, the company had an aggressive program underway to grow the business and improve productivity. How could they do all that and still maintain a workable environment where people enjoyed their jobs? They hired Business Edge to design a program to address this.
The customer was faced with the following:
- Ever-rising performance targets
- Strict controls on internal productivity
- Aggressive sales targets
- Breakdowns in internal communications
- Employees experiencing stress and lack of fulfillment
The Predictable Future
- People would struggle to meet apparently conflicting performance targets
- Some performance targets would be missed
- Overall job satisfaction would deteriorate
The Breakthrough Results!
Each of 30 participants set a specific area where they wanted a breakthrough by the end of the 6-month program. Some participants achieved their breakthroughs after only a few months!
At the end of the coaching program, participants reported these breakthrough results:
- Productivity improvements worth over $1 million due to breakthroughs in leadership, communication and relationships
- New sales projects in the pipeline with revenues estimated at $4 million.
- Participants reported a new experience of being at work – one of empowerment, effectiveness, satisfaction and partnership.
- Breakthroughs also impacted participants’ personal lives, where many reported new freedom in their communication and relationships where before they had been “stuck.”
What did the client say?
“The Metrics Center had been using Breakthrough Technology for 4 years. In October 2000 a program was undertaken to apply Breakthrough Technology more intensely to business results. The results surprised us. We never expected to get such a high return on our investment.”
Senior Vice President – Metrics Center